Dear anybody who is nice enough to view this blog:

I'm not going to claim to be a cook, baker, whatever. I like to make treats, and I'm slowly getting into cooking meals. There are two main purposes for this blog: 1) I think it will inspire me to cook/bake more often, and 2) I like when people share recipes with me, so I figured this would be a fun way to share the recipes that I like.

I hope you like some of the recipes I find. Also, I would love you forever if you shared your favorite recipes with me. Remember, cooking newbie here. Thanks!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Black bean crock pot chicken

I love crock pot recipes, and this one is so simple. I got this recipe from Ashley, my sister-in-law. She made this for my 20th birthday, and I thought it was so delicious. I just had to have the recipe. So far, everyone who has tried it has loved it.

Ingredients:
4 to 5 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (thawed)
1 can black beans (drained)
1 can corn (drained)
1 15 oz. jar of salsa (it doesn't matter if it's mild, medium or hot — your choice!)
1 8 oz. pkg. of cream cheese

1. Thaw the chicken.
2. Put the thawed chicken, black beans, corn and salsa in the crock pot.
3. Let that cook for 4 to 5 hours
4. Put the cream cheese in 30 to 45 minutes before it's done.
5. Once it's done, serve over rice.

Side notes: I used 2 cans of black beans. I also like to put the mixture in tortillas. It's a little runny, so tortillas may not be the best choice for everyone.

4 comments:

  1. The second day the mixture is just the right consistency for use in tortillas.
    I might add a little can of jalapenos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so cool my recipe is in your blog! This meal is delicious and simple, that's my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am feeling cool right now that I found out that you have another blog. Love the title, is that an invitation??? I will have to try Ashley's recipe, sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love this crock pot black bean & chicken dish!
    Jess is going to spoil Grandpa & Grandma Gower.
    We don't know about that kissing stuff but SHE COOKS VERY GOOD!!!!

    ReplyDelete